Dr Kal Parmar
Consultant in Sports and Exercise Medicine
MBChB, MRCSEd, MSpMed, MSc Med USS, FFSEM (UK)
Secretary: Lauren Tester 020 7496 3552 email@example.com
- Rugby and Football medicine
- Contact sport injury
- Triathlon and running related injury
- Groin pain in sport
- Diagnostic and interventional musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Club Doctor, Lead Sports Physician and Governance Advisor for Leicester Tigers Rugby Football Club
- Sub-committee member and examiner in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine UK
- Tutor and external examiner in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound for the Centre for Ultrasound Studies, Bournemouth
- Honorary Senior Lecturer in Sports and Exercise Medicine, University College London
Kal qualified from Birmingham University in 1995 completing basic surgical training in London and Birmingham before undergoing 5 year advanced specialist training in Sports and Exercise Medicine at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra and Australasian College of Sports Physicians based in Sydney.
He relocated to the UK in 2006 as Club Doctor and Head of Medical Services for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club before taking up the position of Club Doctor, Lead Sports Physician and Governance Advisor at Leicester Tigers Rugby Football Club in 2009.
Kal has been involved in treating sports and musculoskeletal related injury and illness since 2001. He has worked in sports from grass roots through to National Teams, having been on tour with the National Australian Men’s and Women’s senior hockey teams as well as Australian National football teams. Other roles have included Team Doctor for the Australian Cricket Team 2009 Ashes 5th test and 2009 One Day International series; The Wallabies – whilst on tour in the UK in 2008; The Brumbies Rugby Union and Sydney Swans AFL reserve teams and the Sydney International Tennis tournament. Multisport events include the 2009 World University Games, Belgrade, Serbia; 2015 European Games, Baku, Azerbaijan and the 2012 London Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Kal consults and teaches widely in Sports and Exercise Medicine with roles at the Centre for Ultrasound Studies in Bournemouth and University College London. He has completed Masters degrees in Sports Medicine and Medical Ultrasound and is a Fellow of the Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine UK.
Outside of medicine, Kal enjoys keeping fit by doing a regular hot yoga practice, swimming and Krav Maga self-defence. He is an experienced scuba diver and finds time for the occasional game of golf. Apart from that, he has a love of Italian red wines and travels widely.