The 2018 London Custom-Made Knee Meeting
The 2018 London Custom-Made Knee Meeting was held on Saturday 9th June at Glazier’s Hall, next to London Bridge.
This meeting saw GPs, physiotherapists, osteopaths and chiropractors come together to hear the latest updates in the world of knee replacement surgery.
The team at London Sports Orthopaedics were the first in the UK to implant a Conformis custom-made knee replacement, and London Sports Orthopaedics is now one of the UK’s leading centres for custom-made knee replacement surgery. We are part of the Conformis Surgical Visitation Program, where Consultants from across the UK come to visit us to learn the surgical techniques required for implanting custom-made knees.
The results speak for themselves, with:
- significantly less bone needing to be removed
- with a perfect fit, and significantly improved alignment
- with better post-operative kinematics, and a knee that feels more like your own normal knee
- with a 60% reduction in early revision (re-do / failure) rates, compared to an average ‘off-the-shelf’ prosthesis
- with patient satisfaction rates of 95%! – compared to the 75% to 85% that is seen with other knee replacement prostheses
CLICK BELOW to listen to a summary of the meeting:
We would like to thank London Bridge Hospital for their support in hosting this event.
4 October 2018–